1. My Notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me, Nigel Pugh, and I will endeavour to resolve your complaint as swiftly as possible.
3. If I am unable to resolve the matter, you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office, the City livery company to which all scrivener notaries belong. Under procedures approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write ( but do not enclose any original documents ) with full details of your complaint to:-
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Northampton NN5 5LH
London WC2R 2PN
Tel: 01604 758908
The Company will arrange for your complaint to be considered by a panel of 3 individuals who will be independent of the Scrivener Notary against whom the complaint has been made. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Clerk of the Scriveners Company for assistance (telephone number 020 7240 0529).
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period of six months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman,if you are not happy withthe result
PO Box 6806
Tel : 0300 555 0333
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the complaint process.
7. The sum insured under my professional indemnity insurance policy is £1,000,000